It’s good to talk about how you are feeling. We all need an outlet. But sometimes it’s hard to talk about emotions so an alternate is writing it down. Look up journaling if you want to learn more! I also have a good contact who an expert in this if you need it.
I recently bought two self care notebooks for friends needing a little pick me up. I bought them from The Wright Stationery who were able to personalise them with initials and include a quote by me about mood hoovers!
I totally recommend getting one for yourself or for friends.
How can journaling help your day-to-day mental health?
- Gain a different perspective.
- Vent any frustrations.
- Record good and bad memories.
- Gather your thoughts and feeling and put them in order.
- Celebrate successes!
- Discover any patterns in your life, good and bad.
How do I start journaling?
Pick up a pen and paper, set aside some time and remember – there are no rules!
Journaling is especially good for those of us who aren’t wonderful at expressing our emotions.
It doesn’t have to just be paragraphs of text either. You could write simple lists, mindmaps or even doodle on the pages.
These are YOUR thoughts and feelings, express them the best way for YOU.
What do I write about..?
- Your day.
- Goals you’d like to achieve in the future.
- The media, maybe something in the news or a song you heard that you loved that day – anything goes!
Would treating yourself to a nice notebook and some coloured pens help?
Do whatever inspires you to share and help you mind make sense of the world around you